Just in time for the holidays, my latest book The OS X Mavericks Pocket Guide is now available! I received my author copies last week, which means that the print edition is either available now or is about to be on the shelves at fine booksellers near you. The ebook is available now from Amazon.com, the iBooks Store, and Peachpit Press. When you’re visiting family (and troubleshooting their Macs), why not leave a book on their desk or under the tree?
The list price is only $17.99, and you can get it for as low as $13.48 (print) or $9.99 (ebook). Peachpit also offers a bundle that gives you the print book and the ebook.
- Amazon – Print
- Amazon – Kindle Ebook
- Apple – iBooks Store. EPUB edition for iBooks.
- Barnes & Noble – Print and Nook Ebook.
- Peachpit Press – Print.
- Peachpit Press – Ebook.
This compact guide covers all the essential information you need to run a Mac under Apple’s latest operating system. From the book’s description:
This low-priced, practical guide is packed with handy information for people who want to jump right in and start using OS X Mavericks. Author Jeff Carlson is like your smart techy neighbor, sitting at elbow guiding you through how to get the most out of Mavericks. Jeff will show you how to:
- Download, set up, and start using Mavericks
- Manage files with iCloud
- Swipe, pinch, and scroll: Master Mavericks’ Mult-Touch gestures
- Install applications from the Mac App Store
- Stay in touch: Enjoy video call with family and friends with FaceTime and chat them up with Messages
- Don’t miss another email or family event with Notifications
- Read your ebooks with iBooks
In addition, Jeff offers plenty of tips and tricks for getting the most from Mavericks.