Since iMovie 3 has its share of problems, I made a point of keeping a copy of iMovie 2 on my computer (see page 59 of the book). However, Mac OS X still associated my iMovie project files with iMovie 2: if I double-clicked a project, it would launch iMovie 3. Fortunately, this is an easy fix to apply.
- In the Finder, select an iMovie project file.
- Choose Get Info from the File menu, or press Command-I.
- In the Get Info dialog box, expand the Open With section.
- From the popup menu there, choose iMovie (3.0.3). If that doesn’t appear in the list, choose Other and locate your iMovie 3 application.
- Click the Change All button to apply the change to all iMovie project files. Then, close the Get Info window